The Eco Logical Farm Cordial
a benefit for a local urban farm
This is a fundraiser for Eco Logical Farm, an urban farm in NE Portland (different from the one where we recently had our Swiss Cordial). Join us for a family-friendly summer garden-bounty soirée (fresh tomatoes! fresh basil!) and plenty of local cheer.
All the produce is coming straight from Eco Logical, plus morels from master mushroomer Mark Des Marets and a few delectables from Anna's garden. We're keeping the wine selection simple and summery — with a couple of special local treats — so we can forward the maximum to the farm.
All proceeds beyond expenses go to the Eco Logical, which is just getting started this year doing wonderful work keeping our city green, fresh and tasty. To boost the benefit, we're cooking up some nice raffle/auction action, so bring those spare benjamins.
Plus we'll have performances from several very different local musicians. And perhaps a few other creative surprises up our sleeves. You'll just have to come see for yourself.
Mark & David's Testimonial:
Hey Anna and Leo,
David and myself just wanted to thank you for the Casual Cordial. It is people like you (and all the great volunteers you have) who truly are making the much needed connections for re-localizing this country's food system. By supporting our small urban farm and promoting local sustainably grown food via your excellent culinary skills you are fostering a new food revolution that will hopefully spread across this nation and the world.
Thank you again.
— Mark Des Marets & David Fortney
Co-Founders of Eco Logical Farm
Anna & Leo extend their gratitude and appreciation to our team and support:
- Mark Des Marets & David Fortney — all produce sourced from Eco Logical Farm
- Cyndy Chan — Chef
- Lilly Chamberlain — Cordial Sprite + Wine Service
- Krissy Martin — Grand Crew + Service
- Bob Martin — Grand Crew + Wine Service
- Lizzie Grossman — Pie Chef
- Simon Harris — Gazpacho Chef
- Sylvan Thompson & Mark Des Marets — Polinka Brewers
- Dana Pickell — Triage Wines — Wine Consultant
And our performers:
- Inés Voglar & Joël Belgique — string duo
- Jonathan Sielaff — treated bassette horn
- Dough Theriault — electronic sound devices of his own making